Por Ultimo LTD recognises that diversity and inclusion help to support creativity and innovation: they are an essential ingredient in a successful television and production company. We are committed to encouraging diversity, inclusion, and ensuring there is no discrimination in our company. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society. We want our company to be one in which every employee and freelancer feels respected and able to give their best.
This policy provides a framework of equality and fairness for all in our employment. It expresses our commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
This policy applies to employed and freelance staff and people working on and off-screen.
All freelancers and employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, whether as a member of staff or freelance, will be based on aptitude and ability. Access to opportunities for promotion, training, or any other benefit will also be based on aptitude and ability. All employees will be encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the creativity and success of the company.
- Actively seek to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the entire television industry or specific job roles in the industry.
- Review all our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and help us identify the best talent.
- Identify and take opportunities to increase the diversity of casting decisions
- Ensure reasonable adjustments are made to enable disabled people to work in or with our company, both on and off-screen.
- Actively seek to increase the diversity of our talent networks.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and freelancers are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every employee and freelancer can work in an environment thatpromotes dignity and respect for all. We will not tolerate any form ofintimidation, bullying or harassment.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Acknowledge the holidays of all cultures. E.g. help employees be aware ofand keep track of multicultural religious or holiday celebrations. Be respectful of these days when scheduling team meetings and understand that employees may have different needs and require flexibility.
- We have set ourselves the following diversity targets/goals. We will:- Provide compliance training and familiarise employees with broadcaster diversity targets to increase awareness.
-Increase Diversity throughout the company both on and off-screenWe will monitor the success of this policy regularly and review our progress at least once a year. We have developed an action plan to help us implement this policy/achieve our specific diversity goals/targets.The person responsible for ensuring this action-plan is implemented is Llyrio Boateng.This policy is fully supported by the senior management of the company. Breaches of the policy may be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.